Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: FW: Last Microsoft Patch

From: "Chris DeVoney" <cdevoney () u washington edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:54:30 -0700

On Wednesday, October 15, 2003 4:41 PM, Mary Landesman wrote:

Swen also uses microsoft.com; the samples I have received do
so more often than not.

For a full list, see: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/swen.shtml

Thanks for the reminder on that. The first couple of these I received had
MSN.COM and MSNBC.COM and some pseudo security mail box from Microsoft.com.
The first two immediately made me darn suspicious even before the synapses
clicked on MS never e-mailing these things.

As my using outdates vs. updates (which, mercifully no one has pointed out
my obvious error), maybe there is a new outward patch delivery mechanism ...
or an organic memory parity error occurred.

cdv

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html