Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Anyone know of a application that will decode a SIP VoIP conversa tion?

From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond () prolocation net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:21:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Internet without encryption and I'd like to be able to show them how
insecure this is.  I'd like to be able to provide them with some proof by
sniffing their conversation and replaying it as a .wav file or something.

Thats allready possible, try etherpeek. Can spit out a nice wav file for
them.

From the website:

Advanced, Affordable VoIP Analysis
WildPackets continues to advance its product development through decoder
and expert analyses enhancements in support of the growing VoIP industry.
EtherPeek NX, our expert network analyzer, performs extensive RTP
analysis, which is the core VoIP protocol. Once a conversation is under
way, NX technology analyzes all traffic elements for excessive packet
loss, excessive jitter, out of sequence packets, and late packet arrival,
which may be outside the jitter buffer. EtherPeek NX also decodes all
standard VoIP protocols. And expert analysis and a full VoIP decoder suite
are standard issue with our NX products. There.s no need for expensive
add-on modules or separate applications to gain this capability.

VoIP Decoders include:
H.323
H.261, H.225, H.263, H.245
Q.850, Q.931, Q.932, Q.952, Q.953, Q.955, Q.956, Q.957

Bye,
Raymond.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html