Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Shortcut...... may cause 100% cpu use!!!

From: bipin gautam <visitbipin () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:11:17 -0800 (PST)

mmm... ALL THOSE flamings* won't make me run! I SEE,
you old fellows HAVE nothing to do except typing
BULLSHIT* to eachother...... STAYING on those security
forms!
My grand pa. use to say, A person becomes a child 2
times in his life!

ONCE, when he is just born and again WHEN is TOO old
to think anything creative!
CHILDERN....... IT'S your time of retirement!

--- Bipin Gautam <door_hUNT3R () blackcodemail com>
wrote:
hi,
well, dude... Its a similar bug but not the same!!!
do you consider every bufferoverflow exploit the
same???

see... you didn't read the shit clearly !!! WELL,
here [in this discovery] the shortcut is pointing to
itself........

[ not to a different file...... as you inicated

in.......http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/315151]
ya..... IF YOU MAKE A TWO SHORTCUT THAT POINT TO
EACHOTHER, <at the moment i am using winxp> nothing
happens......[ i feel its patched]

BUT THE POINT HERE IS....... THE SHORTCUT IS
POINTING TO ITSELF  WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO A
DOS!!!

PLEASE READ IT BEFORE YOU POST!!!

---------------

I haven't looked at your shortcut file(s) yet, but
it sounds like the
same as:
 http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/315151

If you find something like this on your own, at
least do a *little*
googling before reporting to a list.  Else, sound
like a fool.  If you
re blatantly ripping off other peoples' stuff,
well, shame on you.

tim