Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Internet Explorer and Opera local zone restriction bypass

From: jelmer <jkuperus () planet nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:20:08 +0100

I tried  that  and as I expected that doesn't work , it just prompts for
download.if you redirect to that file

I think your confused with the object-tag-in-localzone type of
vulnerabilities we had a while back, you could execute programs without
parameters with that. but thats nothing like this, or should I perhaps write
*NOTHING LIKE THIS!!!* ? as you seem to prefer caps, This vulnerability only
removes the restrictions that servicepack 1 brought,  in disallowing access
to local urls

--jelmer