Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Packit 0.7 Released

From: Darren Bounds <dbounds () intrusense com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:20:37 -0400

Hi all,

Once again I'd just like to let you know that I've released Packit 0.7 to
http://packit.sourceforge.net. It should also be available shortly on
http://www.packetfactory.net.

Check out http://packit.sourceforge.net/ChangeLog for a full list of
changes.

Packit is a network auditing tool. Its value is derived from its ability to
customize, inject, monitor, and manipulate IP traffic. By allowing you to
define (spoof) nearly all TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP, ARP, RARP, and Ethernet header
options, Packit can be useful in testing firewalls, intrusion
detection/prevention systems, port scanning, simulating network traffic, and
general TCP/IP auditing. Packit is also an excellent tool for learning
TCP/IP.

Packit requires libnet 1.1 or greater as well as libpcap. It has been
successfully compiled and tested to run on FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, MacOS X
and Linux.

Thanks,

Darren Bounds

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.