Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New variant of Nachi ?

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:54:10 -0500

Awan, Farrukh (OCTO) wrote:

Has any body detected a new variant of the Nachi worm infecting machines not patched with MS03-039. I couldn't find any details on it propagation except once a host is infected, it attempts to propagate via SMB over TCP (port 445). Any details on exploit code /payload...

Best Regards; Farrukh Awan

(202) -727-8856 (Office)

**

https://gtoc.iss.net/issEn/delivery/gtoc/index.jsp

hreat Forecast

Our analysts are aware of a worm actively exploiting flaws addressed under Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026 and MS03-039. This worm activity is consistent with a variation of the Nachi or LovSan worms. Once a host is infected, it will attempt to propagate outbound via port 445.

-KF

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html