Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Expert City and WebEx

From: "Daniel Sichel" <daniels () ponderosatel com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:24:49 -0800

Be kind, I am a new subscriber and, yes I work with software from the
evil empire, Microsoft. We have significant internet traffic and
conncectivity. We are entrenched behind a firewall that so far, thank
G-d, has kept the barbarians at bay. However we are getting extensive
requests for the use of WebEx and Expert City to help our vendors
troubleshoot various pieces of equipment.

I have heard these are "safe" to use but I am wondering what you folks
think. If they are not safe, do I need some type of spiffy application
proxy to shut them down? From what I can tell they work on port 80 and
look like HTML traffic. Any information on format and vulnerabilities
would be welcome.

Thanks
Dan Sichel, Network Engineer
Ponderosa Telephone Company