Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: NASA.GOV SQL Injections

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:41:19 -0400

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:58:59 CDT, Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>  said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think geniuses work in the trenches.  I think
they do research.  I'm not aware of any geniuses in security.  Are you?

Paul.. learn to read.  I said you need at least one genius because the grunts
in the trench need direction.

And yes, some security geniuses do mostly theoretical research (most
cryptographers for example).. but there's a lot of very clever people who spend
most of their time thinking about how to make real-world security palatable for
the users (for example, I don't think Schneier has had much time to do crypto
work of late, and Steve Bellovin took time out to write RFC3514).