Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Strange netcat behavior

From: "thalm" <thalm () netcabo pt>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:52:51 +0100

Ok, the difference between the tools is one thing. I only saw it through one perspective and I was wrong.

Now concerning the difference of behaviour of WebServers in terms of HTTP RFC and the need to have CRLF separating the
HTTP "lines" (sorry for the term "lines" but I am sure you all understand it).

a) Why do Web Servers behave this way?

b) Which Web Browsers work by sending only LF?
I think a version of Internet Explorer 6 in Win98 does work this way (only LF)...but all others work the correct way,
i.e, they send CRLF

Tiago Halm
http://www.kodeit.org