Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IRC DCC Exploit

From: <andrewg () d2 net au>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:07:52 +1000 (EST)

Normally I wouldn't of replied, but due to the other answers people have
provided, I will.

Hey,
      I want to know about DCC Exploit,

1)  What is Irc DCC Exploit ?

Its a denial of service in MIRC versions >=6.0 and <6.12

2)  How it works ?

From what I've told, it causes a out of bounds read error in the MIRC
client , after parsing the string.

3)  What is its Source/code ?

I've probably got the thingy in a log, iirc, its dcc send/get x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x more or less (around 12 or something.

4)  How to protect from this exploit ?

Either upgrade to MIRC 6.12, or do /ignore -wd * which will prevent it
from happening.

5)  And in which language people were made ?

?!

      I am asking you about it because it is harmfull full, when i join
channel i disconnected 4 times with Critical Error. so please
reply me as soon as possible. Thanks

Best Regards from,
Farrukh Hussain.

Hope this helps,
Andrew Griffiths

P.S No, I don't care this affects windows people, I'm sure if they notice
their client keeps on crashing, they'll look for more information.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html