Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Frontpage Extensions Remote Command Execution

From: "Ricky Blaikie" <ricky.blaikie () servercity co uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:54:42 -0000

Thus spake mattmurphy () kc rr com (mattmurphy () kc rr com) [12/11/03 14:41]:
bulletin.  A decent admin would configure FPSE such that this flaw is a
non-issue.  This is because no ordinary user has a reason to be
accessing
FPSE's files.  If FPSE is secured, this means that an attacker is
getting
their own privileges back.

Why should a decent sys-admin have to perform this additional configuration?
If the list of vuln's that an admin has to deal with keeps growing, when
will sysad workload reach saturation point ?

Cheers,
--
Ricky Blaikie - Server City Ltd
http://www.servercity.co.uk - sales () servercity co uk