Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Gates: 'You don't need perfect code' for good security

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:43:56 -0600

--On Friday, October 31, 2003 5:15 PM -0800 "Gary E. Miller" <gem () rellim com> wrote:

So what is your solution for the folks that carry those USB keychain
memories?  People carry those around with virus infected files and
plug them in to whatever machine they are sitting in front of.  Had
people I never seen before try to plug them in to my hosts.  "Just
wanted to read my email man"....

Man, that's so easy, I'll answer it. You just don't allow them to do that. It's the "just say no" method of security.

Hey, it worked for Nancy.  :-)

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas