Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Python network security tools: Pcapy, Impacket, InlineEgg

From: Ng Pheng Siong <ngps () netmemetic com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:34:57 +0800

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 12:50:06AM +0100, H?rnhammar, Ulf wrote:
[whatever]
That's an incorrect usage of the open source term. I quote the Open Source
Definition ( http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php ):

Who these people are? ;-)

The term "open source" has been understood to mean "comes with source code"
long before people try to humpty-dumpty-tise it. Just like "free software"
does not necessarily mean "GPL software".

I happen to give away some open source (comes with source code) free
software (comes with few restrictions). Personally I couldn't care less if
it is "Open Source" or "Free Software".

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps () netmemetic com>

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.