Full Disclosure mailing list archives

FW: Potentially new Virus

From: Andy Streule <andy.streule () lythamhigh lancs sch uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:34:06 +0000

 If you come across something relatively new then, whether you
 are looking on an independent database or AV vendor's site,
 if they havent got it updated then it's the same prob regardless.

 I suspect the trend site search doesnt accept phrases with
 quotes, which seems a bit useless.

 ~Andy

And I did notice that searching Symantec with "Hello my dear
Mary" today now
returns a good result: Backdoor.Sysbug which is AKA BackDoor-CAG,
Troj/Sysbug-A  . Using that search at NAI returns nothing and
using it at
Trend returns 500 results?? I don't have time to go through
all that.

My whish is to be able to search by characteristics using
criteria like msg
body, subject, ports used, reg changes, dropped files,
whatever else you can
think of... etc etc etc without having to wade through
pages of crap.

I guess what I'm asking for is a database of virus
characteristics that
would probably need to be independent of av vendors because,
after all, they
are in the business to make money.

I'm probably asking too much.

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html