Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Hotmail & Passport (.NET Accounts) Vulnerability

From: Marc Slemko <marcs () znep com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 21:53:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Christopher F. Herot wrote:

I just tried this.  It does indeed generate the "reset password" email
and link, which is scary, but following the instructions does not really
reset the password, at least not for the limited test I performed.

It definitely worked for me around 20:45 (-0700).

Microsoft may have gotten it disabled by now, they do generally have
a very quick reaction time to such trivial stupid massive gaping holes
once they actually get the message about them.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html