Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: @(#)Mordred Security Notice - exporing the hacking websites

From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 09:25:53 -0400

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 07:31:10PM -0700, morning_wood said:
 Do not deny this man his freedom to speak his mind, especially about
security flaws. The "errors" he pointed out are freely available to view, I
have seen similar errors on many websites. Sir Mordred is meerly selecting
from a plethora of servers that exhibit the same type of errors.

Jesus H. Christ.  Must we have this idiotic spiral every time somebody
mentions free speech?

Nobody denied anybody anything.  Saying "I think you should stop doing
this" or even "please stop doing this" isn't a denial of free speech,
it's an exercise thereof.

If the responder was attempting to deny the original poster's freedom,
then I guess you're trying to deny the responder's freedom.  And now I'm
trying to deny yours.  How many posts are we going to continue that
until somebody invokes Godwin and ends it?

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any