Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Viral hoax

From: "sockz loves you" <sockz () email com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 23:18:22 -0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 13:47:15 -0700
To: martin f krafft <madduck () madduck net>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Re: Viral hoax

martin f krafft wrote:
I must wonder how successful these are. Couldn't your spread large
amounts of destruction and/or confusion that way? "Hey, watch out,
kernel32.dll is infected by a virus, you must delete it now and pass
this on to everyone you know..."

I think you'll find kernel32.dll is "in use".  :)

In any case, the reason they don't suggest something destructive is because
then the rube won't (can't) forward it to their friends.

                                      BB

Mr Boar on teh cutting edge of viral hoax intelligence, showing up teh wannabe-whitehats with his knowledge of teh
win32 kernel.  BB should be back in charge of Bugtraq.  But I suppose that would be like going back to the old days...
a time now passed in this lively and eventful history that has made up teh Hacker Boar's life story...

I move to have Mr Boar put in charge of Full Disclosure!!!
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html