Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: minor security problem on Mandrake Multiple Network Firewall GUI - TCP 8443

From: Vincent Danen <vdanen () mandrakesoft com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:59:35 -0600

On Thu May 08, 2003 at 10:54:06PM -0700, Curt Wilson wrote:

I'm investigating a minor problem I've found on the Mandrake Multiple
Network Firewall administration GUI running on TCP 8443. The actual problem
appears to be related to the web GUI configuration, but I want to verify
this with other installations. If you are using MNF and are not too paranoid,
 drop me a line to discuss. I've notified Mandrake of the issue and am
awaiting any response. I consider this a low priority issue since the
web GUI port should be heavily ACL'ed in the first place, but I still
feel that security standards for a firewall should not allow the behavior
I'm seeing. More details forthcoming.

I'm not sure who you contacted, but I'd like to discuss this with you.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/