Full Disclosure mailing list archives

SCO, Intellectual Property and their [Tcpdump] advisories.

From: "Silvio Cesare" <silvio () big net au>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:02:29 +1100

I understand that SCO are going ahead with the suing various Linux vendors over IP issues(????).

Umm..  Can I ask why SCO did not credit me with the Tcpdump BGP advisory they released?  I find this an IP issue in
itself, if
SCO take credit for my work; from reading the mails I sent to relevant mailing lists regarding the Tcpdump BGP bugs.

I posted to Vendor-sec mailing list and Tcpdump people well over 7(?) months ago..  I have saved copies of these emails
if anyone is
interested.

OH.. I'm not the first person to see the BGP problems that the SCO advisory talks about..

The Tcpdump people fixed these and had some slight references to it on the Tcpdump mailing lists about 1.5(2?) years
ago.. They
didn't tell any vendors though :(  My mails to vendor-sec and Tcpdump reference this also.

--
Silvio