Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [RHSA-2003:088-01] New kernel 2.2 packages fix vulnerabilities

From: Michael Boman <michael.boman () securecirt com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:45:26 +0800

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 09:25:40AM -0000, John.Airey () rnib org uk wrote:
Mark Cox of Red Hat sent out a message just before Christmas (19/12/02)
giving the following expiry dates for support of different versions of their
product:

      Red Hat Linux 8.0 (Psyche)        December 31, 2003
      Red Hat Linux 7.3 (Valhalla)      December 31, 2003
      Red Hat Linux 7.2 (Enigma)        December 31, 2003
      Red Hat Linux 7.1 (Seawolf)       December 31, 2003
      Red Hat Linux 7.0 (Guinness)      March 31, 2003
      Red Hat Linux 6.2 (Zoot)          March 31, 2003

If these dates are correct, they should provide a updated kernel for
sparc, as atleast on my calendar is the 25th March and sparc shouldn't
expire for another couple of days. True, it's within a couple of days
but they should be true to their word.

Best regards
 Michael Boman

PS
 Personally I have given up on RH long time ago, I choose other distro's
 that doesn't expire their products as soon as the next best thing
 has arrived. It is not always possible to update your systems as there
 is other things that depends on them. I have a Solaris 2.6 box (even
 if 9 is out already, and can be downloaded for free for that matter)
 just because it is not possible to upgrade those machines.
DS

--
Michael Boman
Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd