Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft runs early April Fools ad

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:10:22 +0200

hehehe, m$ claims are funny and far away from reality.
If they are so sure, why don't they take responsibility for damages caused by their products? Any warranty for m$ products? How much money does it make every time a windoze crash?

/me thinks that Kurt Vonnegut has explained it in this quote:

the big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Georgi

Gerardo Richarte wrote:
"Richard M. Smith" wrote:

The Advertising Standards Authority of SA (ASA) has ordered that a
Microsoft ad implying that its software will bring about the extinction
of the hacker is to be pulled for being "unsubstantiated and
misleading".

    Heh, it's a funny phrase, and beside how capable Microsoft is of
fixing their bugs (which I'm not talking about at all), the phrase hides
some other sutff in it:

    On one side,  by "Hackers", independently of what "Hacker" means, they are
putting a name on a group of people, and saying that they are going to extint this group
of people, which not a really happy idea...

    On the other side, either they will fix the bugs in every software out there, or they are
recognizing that they are planning that the only software which will be running any computer
out there will be Microsoft's, or at least based or using some Microsoft technology (the
technology to extinct hackers).

    heh, I just thought it was funny

    gera

--- for a personal reply use: gera () corest com
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html