Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: A worm...

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:33:28 -0500

I can't speak for the others, but McAfee was detecting this worm just
fine as soon as it hit our network.  The only thing wrong was that it
didn't have the name correct, but who really cares about that?  We set
up our scanners to always scan archives and zip files, so something like
this is no big deal.  We've quarantined over 900 copies in the past 20
hours, so it's a big deal to somebody....

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member