Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SNMP read-only opens up... what?

From: peter moody <peter () ucsc edu>
Date: 04 Jun 2003 12:10:56 -0700

you could get the product type, version information etc from certain
mibs.  you could tell how busy the site is, and from that infer how big
a pipe you've got.

There's a lot more.  I would snmp-walk the device and find out what it
tells you.

but I've got to ask, why would you make this information available at
all?