Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Destroying PCs remotely?

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:03:11 -0500 (CDT)

It's interesting that variations on this theme are discussed, and
rejected, at least once a year iin the various security lists.  The fact
that security professionals can be brought back to this topic on a fairly
regular basis to rehash the issue shows that the level of frustration for
property rights, privacy, and all the other fine areas that these
proposals touch upon, are not just black and white.  It's when we get to
such a conservative stance and outlook that the rejection of such
'methods' is harder to putdown as ridiculas and outright rejected by the
majority that the early 21st century can truely be dubbed the "fearful and
paranoid years of lost freedoms".  The sad fact is, that it's not
unconceivable that this could well happen in the near future...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
They just wanted to control the uncontrolable, and nobody could see the