Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Morning Wood Poll

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja () LSS hr>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:52:45 +1200

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com] On Behalf Of
Daniel M. Edwards
Sent: Friday, 13 June 2003 5:09 a.m.
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Morning Wood Poll

The morning wood posts themselves are not what annoy me.  It is the
barrage
of posts that follow that do.  Both sides of this argument are guilty.
The
anti-wood party posts how Morning Wood is a moron after he posts then the
pro-wood party responses by calling that person a moron.  It just keeps
going until I have 40 e-mails that can be summed by "Am Not" and "Are
Too".

I agree with Daniel on this one.
Remember that it *ALWAYS* takes TWO to start any flame. So, if morning wood
gets moderated, you should moderate also all the other users who replied to
him with flaming content. I also don't think he should be moderated. Hell,
if you don't like him, kill file him, whatever - there are about one million
ways of deleting his e-mails before you see them. He at least was good
enough not to change e-mail address and headers for each message so he
actually allows you to pretty easily auto-delete his e-mails, if you want to
do that.

OTOH, can you please explain to me how do you plan to moderate *ONE* person
and you know only his e-mail? :)
What keeps him from opening e-mail account on hotmail and posting under
different name, but same conent? Then you have to moderate whole list and
not just morning wood.

Just my 2 cents and wasted bandwidth.

Cheers,

Bojan