Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DCOM RPC exploit (dcom.c)

From: christopher neitzert <chris () neitzert com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:29:55 -0400

Hicks,

I am concerned that you construed my remark as going after F-D, I read
F-D for the commentary as I find it educational and entertaining at the
same time.

Pure-evil, in this case is not necessarily bad.

Perhaps I should have been more verbose;

I'm particularly happy that this exploit has been published as i hope it
will motivate Microsoft to fix the problems with their McOS.

Whats evil, or beautiful, about it (depending on how you look at it) is
that it works very nicely on an XP box hardened to NSA-SNAC
Specification regarding secure RPC.

My hat is off to FlashSky, Benjurry, and H D Moore, keep up the great
work!

chris