Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: GUNINSKI THE SELF-PROMOTER

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:25:09 +0300

mattmurphy () kc rr com wrote:
You may remember that Guninski completely failed to notify the VIM
development team of security vulnerabilities in its product, and these were
brought up by a third party on VIM-DEV for the first time.  I would have
understood CC'ing the major security lists with the post *in addition to*
vim-dev, as it *is* a public channel.

hey kiddie,

you'd better check your facts before spreading misinformation.
vim developers and vendor-sec list were notified as it is written in my advisory. it was a long thread with all of them. the advisory quotes solar designer that his distribution is not vulnerable. in addition, later i disclosed to them 2 more bugs in vim.

i don't mean that it is necessary to notify the vendors at all, but in this case there are a lot of witnesses that i notified vim.

just returning from vacation, shall reply to the others lamers later.

georgi

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html