Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: invaded by morons

From: "gregh" <chows () ozemail com au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:10:40 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: Justin Shin
To: Full-Disclosure () Lists Netsys Com
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 12:21 AM
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] invaded by morons

Jesus, folks, just calm down and take it easy ... there is no reason to feel any less competent for using Windows
OS's, the last time I

Just my 2 cents on this:

I PURPOSELY use Windows stuff. The main reason I do it is that I hope that whatever the next new weakness/trojan may
be, I get to know about it before my customers. I have voluminous image backups so am not really worried. My customers
all use Windows based machines. They do it because where I live in Australia is classified as country living and things
filter out slowly through here. Most know that if I walk out and get hit by a car and kark it, they can get someone
else in JUST LIKE ME and fix their problems. There are 2 major businesses here with *nix but I have businesses as
customers who are larger than them who dont. Yes, I have been asked to handle their *nix setups, too and I declined. I
decided that as all my income was coming from Windows using companies, then I would stick with Windows. Gee, if the
large compaanies around here folded, I can still get income out of home users.

I dont feel bad for using Windows as a result. I would feel worse if I had to live off my wife because I refused to
deal with Windows people.

Greg.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html