Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sintraq - no traffic?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:13:16 -0700

Blue Boar wrote:
I got a majordomo confirmation about 10 hours after submitting on the web form. I also got a note (strangely, after I confirmed) that said it was a closed list, meaning that subs had to be approved by the moderator.

Had a question about this off-list.  Here's the note I got:

-------
Your request to majordomo () sintelli net:

        subscribe sintraq ryan () thievco com

has been forwarded to the owner of the "sintraq" list for approval.
This could be for any of several reasons:

    You might have asked to subscribe to a "closed" list, where all new
        additions must be approved by the list owner.

    You might have asked to subscribe or unsubscribe an address other than
        the one that appears in the headers of your mail message.
-------

I had ASSumed it was a closed list when I skimmed the note. However, I did respond to the approval note to ryan () thievco com, from blueboar () thievco com. So, it's my fault, as indicated in the note I got. Also explains why I got it after I sent in my approval note.

Just wanted to clarify, didn't mean to accuse anyone of unclueful list moderation.

                                        BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html