Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The incredible intolerance of Knud

From: "Thor Larholm" <lists.netsys.com () jscript dk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:06:33 +0200

From: "Ulf Harnhammar" <ulfh () Update UU SE>
I strongly object to people using terms of sexual orientation as a put-down.

I think Knud was just being ironic, and besides we do that a lot in Denmark. The
people who are worst at it are some of the most gay people I know, just like my
turkish friends can tell some quite harsh immigration jokes.

No harm intended and all..

FWIW, the antivirus companies have classified my phpBB exploit from earlier
this year as a virus as well. I've gotten quite a few bounces about that from
people who have that Bugtraq post in some mail folder, and who just upgraded
their antivirus software.

I still get bounces on several advisories where AV vendors labelled my example
code as a virus. We all know that AV vendors are happy to treat the symptom
instead of fixing the problem, so what?

Thor

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html