Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: [sec-labs] Adobe Acrobat Reader <=5.0.7 Buffer Overflow Vulnerability + PoC code

From: psz () maths usyd edu au (Paul Szabo)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:08:47 +1000 (EST)

KF <dotslash () snosoft com> wrote:

    sec-labs team proudly presents:
    Buffer overflow vulnerability in Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0.7 ...
    There is buffer overflow vulnerability in WWWLaunchNetscape function.

I could not reproduce this ... on linux ...

I was instead old "A browser has not been specified. Do you want to
configure Weblink Prefrences?"  I set the browser to mozilla and had
no luck with the overflow... just a mozilla mail with a HUGE mail to: line.

Set your browser to Netscape, not Mozilla.

Cheers,

Paul Szabo - psz () maths usyd edu au  http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au:8000/u/psz/
School of Mathematics and Statistics  University of Sydney   2006  Australia
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html