Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Origin of the term "driveby download"

From: Brian McWilliams <brian () pc-radio com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:57:12 -0500

At 11:11 AM 1/31/2003, Geo wrote:
>>I have a hard time feeling real outraged on behalf of the kind of users
you
are describing. Anyone who 1) visits the sort of sites where Xupiter is
offered, and 2) has their IE security settings low, and 3) is in the habit
of impatiently clicking "yes" to any prompt that comes their way ... well,
that's like driving drunk while talking on a cell phone.<<

Great, so someone stands in front of their car holding up a sigh that says
"Honk if you want me to kill you and take your car" and that makes it ok?

No, it's more like

Don't complain if your car smells like a skunk if you drive at night on country roads while you're drunk and talking on a cell phone.

B.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html