Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: FW: VERITAS Software Technical Advisory

From: Tina Bird <tbird () precision-guesswork com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Richard M. Smith wrote:

I was more interested to find out what other applications that Microsoft
SQL engine is embedded in.  Does anyone know of a complete list?

After my depressed little posting two nights ago, I got references from
several people of more complete lists (I hesitate to think that we've got
them all).  The most comprehensive list is at

http://www.sqlsecurity.com/forum/applicationslistgridall.aspx

Speaking of, anyone out there with MSDE-based applications (ie. >not<
using SQL Server itself) care to share war stories about patching from the
SQL Server patches?  I've been collecting disquieting rumours about how
difficult it is.

thanks -- hope that helps -- tbird

--
I, on the other hand, do not work. I enjoy the slothful life of an artist,
and while away the hours in meaningless aesthetic pursuits punctuated by

http://www.shmoo.com/~tbird
Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.