Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!

From: Albert Sunseri <sunseri () abpi net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:09:54 -0500

The article has some interesting implications in its own right.
However, if no damage whatsoever was done by hte worm then
who would bother with the repercussions of the proof of concept?

And I belive that Jason Coombs' point is about the degree of damage.
Or to be metaphorical, the size of the horse that gets let out of the stable
before the door is closed.

An additional ethical issue would arise if the worm was written as a proof of concept
and was never meant to 'escape' into the wild....

Just tossin pennies,
Albert Sunseri
Information want to be priceless
sunseri () abpi net