Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Navian Call Home

From: Bob Crockett <bcrocket () texas net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:26:54 -0600

Well, folks, here's another question which is way low tech to y'all, but baffles the heck out of me.

I had been noticing some "odd" behavior on my dial-up connection, and then while connecting a network card I noticed a dial up connection that I did not set up. It has an 877 (toll free) number, and is labeled "Navian".

I found this connection last night, and deleted it. I also googled Naviant and found out that they're a massive direct marketing company. Apparently they must _REALLY_ value my privacy (or what they might find out about me that I thought was private) because the dial up connection that I deleted last night has returned! I found it again tonight. So, somehow Naviant has apparently placed an .exe file on my computer and I am pissed!!! Searching my computer for "Naviant" only brings up the notes I typed and filed under that name or containing that word.

Any ideas? Any help much appreciated. I use Norton firewall and am puzzled as to how this deed was done to me. Thanks in advance!

Bob crockett

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html