Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [sean () donelan com: Symantec detected Slamme r worm "hours" before]

From: Arjen De Landgraaf <arjen.de.landgraaf () cologic co nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:04:54 +1300

E-Secure-IT's first decision to put out a Red Alert on port 1434 was
on Saturday, January 25, 2003 10:19:12 PM New Zealand Daylight Time

This red alert was based on a  number of conversations at the Nanog list.
We started to monitor the actual effect some three hours before on
our networks, around 19:00 New Zealand time

New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of GMT, so subtract some 18 hours for USA.

Arjen
E-Secure-IT
www.e-secure-it.us