Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How the BofA ATM network got whacked by the SQL Slammer Worm

From: "Nut Case" <nutcase26 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 01:18:14 +0000

So which is it Lisa, did you find the entry point or did the patch fail.

Is bofa Pronounced "Bo Fa" the only bank that seems to have suffered the ill fate of a bad marketing campaign.

nutty

By late Saturday, most of the company's ATMs were back in service. The
company located the entry point but, for security reasons, would give no
details of how the worm got in.

"Either the patch failed or we missed some servers when we applied the
patch," Gagnon said. "Going forward we will analyze what we can do to
make sure this doesn't happen again."

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html