Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: One-Time Pad Authentication

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:40:25 -0800

Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:

I'm interested in coding a one-time pad authentication system; similar
to SecurID or other types of token authentication only with software
tokens.  The administrator would generate the one-time pads for each
user and distribute them using whatever secure method gets coded (PGP,
SSH, or whatever).

You don't actually mean a one-time pad, do you? Sounds like you're referring to a one-time token authentication system, especially since you mention SecurID. (I mention this because a few responses are reacting to you mentioning an OTP, but I don't think that's what you meant.)

                                        BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html