Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Increase probe on UDP port 1026

From: Nicob <nicob () nicob net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:16:23 +0100

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 03:10, Rodrigues, Philip wrote:
I'm sitting in front of two Class B's.  We saw a steady increase in the unique
external IPs scanning us for UDP 1026, 1030 today since 0700 EST.  This chart
shows the number of unique external IPs with incoming UDP 1026 traffic per hour
since noon.

This was discussed this month on some french security related
newsgroups, and it seems that most of the scans have a source port of
666/UDP.

I captured some packets and it appears to be (only) a Windows Messenger
"spam" for a "penis enlargement" product.

F*cking spammers ...

--
Nicob <nicob () nicob net>

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.