Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Full-Disclosure] RE: Full-disclosure digest, Vol 1 #1314 - 27 msgs

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:01:55 -0500

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 08:18:03 PST, Daniel Sichel <daniels () ponderosatel com>  said:
I've got a little problem with a cisco router.
  It has obviously been compromised. How do i know, well the password
  has changed. So I want to retrieve the ACL from the RAM (not NVRAM)
  to see what else maybe got compromised.
  Does anyone know how this could be done?

This is probably way too late to be helpful, but set up a tftp server on
a workstation, telnet to the router, and "copy run tftp".

Gaak.  It will let you do that without a password???