Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: DDos counter measures

From: Roland Arendes <Roland.Arendes () de flextronics com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:58:05 +0200

As far as I can see microsoft already fixed the situation, there won't be
any dDoS. Can someone confirm this?
The dns record of windowsupdate.com is empty/deleted.

To your question: this 127.0.0.1-thing is a very bad idea, because the worm
will use spoofed source ip adresses from your local network. the machine
itself (127.0.0.1) will flood RST-packets cause of the closed port through
your local network (nice thing ;)

And no: windowsupdate.microsoft.com is not needed as it is not resolved by
the worm