Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FW: Please investigate (KMM6769685V17014L0KM)

From: mcw () wcd se
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:56:55 +0200 (CEST)

Not for security-alert () hp com. Please make sure appropriate
HP organization replies to the customer:

    mcw () wcd se

Yours truly,
 SOFTWARE SECURITY RESPONSE TEAM (SSRT)
 Hewlett-Packard Company
 HP Services

Okay, so this formatstring bug in WBEM Web server is not a Security issue?

You can test it on your own, nearest production server or client,
no matter what box you test this on, only one thing,
it _must_ have Compaq Insight Manager installed.
(Hint: You don't need any login/password, as this issue is in the Web server)

I give a shit about this bug, i was only informing you about it,
but if this sick mailing continues every time i report a SECURITY issue
i have found to you, i'll never bother you againg and only post it
to Full-Disclosure list.. (Same crap as last time... gah)

Have a nice day
/bashis

Dear Compaq Customer,

It would help me to provide you with an accurate solution, if you could
provide the following additional details:

*  The name and model of your Compaq product, for example: Presario
   5400.
*  The hardware or software that has been installed recently.
*  The serial number. The serial number can be found on a sticker
   attached to the side of your computer.
*  The exact error message you received and the events that led to
   the error (i.e., whether the error message was received after a
   program was installed.)
*  The operating system installed on the computer (for example: Windows
   98.)

With the above information, I will be able to investigate the issue
further and provide you with a solution.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.  Please reply if I can be
of further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh Babu Sharath
HP Consumer eSupport

For additional or future service assistance, you can post your question
to the Customer Communities at:  http://www.compaq.com/communities

"Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on
the information provided to us.  HP does not assume any responsibility
or liability for the advice given and shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in
connection with the use of this information.  Always back up your data.
For more information, including technical information updates, please
visit our Web site at http://www.hp.com/go/support.";

Original Message Follows:

This message has been rerouted to you by the HP.COM email router.  If
this message has been sent to you in error, please forward back to the
email router mailbox at REROUTER,HPCOM per HP email directory or HPCOM
REROUTER per CPQ email directory.
Original message follows: