Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Need contact in the BTOPENWORLD.COM securit y department

From: Birl <sbirl () temple edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:26:32 -0400 (EDT)

As it was written on Aug 28, thus LaRose, Dallas spake unto 'Richard M....:

Dallas:  Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:19:36 -0500
Dallas:  From: "LaRose, Dallas" <dlpassport () s2access com>
Dallas:  To: 'Richard M. Smith' <rms () computerbytesman com>
Dallas:  Cc: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Dallas:  Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Need contact in the BTOPENWORLD.COM
Dallas:      securit y department
Dallas:
Dallas:  Does anyone have an email address for a live human being who works in
Dallas:  the BTOPENWORLD.COM security department?
Dallas:  ----------
Dallas:
Dallas:  If BT is compliant with RFC2142, the following addresses should be active:
Dallas:  abuse () btopenworld com, noc () btopenworld com, security () btopenworld com.
Dallas:
Dallas:  The RIPE lookup on that IP reflects the following:
Dallas:
Dallas:  remarks:      Please send abuse notification to abuse () btopenworld com

Good luck!

As "compliant" as they can be with the RFC, numerous emails Ive sent to
both abuse () btopenworld com and postmaster () btopenworld com have gone
unanswered.

And considering that they are outside of the US, I dont bother pursuing it
since our government cant do much about it.

 Scott Birl                              http://concept.temple.edu/sysadmin/
 Senior Systems Administrator            Computer Services   Temple University

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html