Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Command Injection Vulnerability in stat.qwest.net - OFFTOPIC

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:18:58 -0700

Kurt Seifried wrote:

Why are you telling us this? How does it affect anyone, but qwest, who you
notified, and who fixed it. Do we now send out a security advisory every
time we notify sometime to disable a vulnerable service (sir, you have
telnet enabled). This is getting ridiculous.

Couple of points: It may be nice to know the track record of a company even though the problem has been fixed. Also, QWest isn't the only ISP that uses Looking Glass...

                                                BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html