Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: david.vincent () mightyoaks com - Found word(s) check out days f ree based in the Text body. - Re: [Full-Disclosure] DCOM RPC exploit (dc om.c)

From: David Vincent <david.vincent () mightyoaks com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:45:14 -0700

...blah blah blah snipped some stuff about w2k being almost good blah blah
blah...

Regardless of how you feel about the .NET concept (personally I feel
distributed code is a security nightmare waiting to happen)
2003 server is
an improvement.  You can actually run it more than 30 days without
rebooting!

i've run several w2k servers well over 100 days with no problems.  (i'm sure
that number gets more than a few snickers from the *NIX crowd.)  all my
servers currently have 99.99%+ uptime.  the only reason that one was
rebooted was to patch it.

(why does the resource kit come with a script you can use to replace files
while they are in use, but microsoft's patches require reboots?)  <-- that
was rhetorical

As for Perl, I think you have unfairly diss'd the language.  It is as
flexible and unstructured as my life and if you don't think
it is powerful,
check out popfile http://popfile.sourceforge.net/, in my
opinion the best
anti-spam program out there. Very intellegent, learns
quickly, and is based
on bayesian theory.

popfile fucking rocks.  end of story.  i can't wait for imap support!

-d

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html