Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia: Vacation Messages - Update

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:53:07 -0500

Nick FitzGerald wrote:

So warning idiots of their grave lack of security clue is off-topic for a "full disclosure" computer security mailing list?
I certainly don't think that was the point... I believe it was the fact that it has happened quite often and that it is unneccessary to cc the entire list every time this happens. There is a big difference between warning someone of "lack of security clue" and notifying the entire list. The last few auto responders I have seen simply turned into a shark like feeding frenzy on the individual that turned the auto responder on... there has been no benefit to the list in the discussions that occur. I believe they are only trying to decrease the amount of noise on the list.

Interesting...

Will the next "improvement" be a Bugtraq-like "wait some random period between 48 and 96 hours before forwarding messages for moderation"??

again I think you are taking the intended message a little too far.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html