Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Permanent crash in Opera 7.10

From: "David F. Madrid" <conde0 () telefonica net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:50:52 -0300 (ART)

I have found that if you try to load in Opera 7.10 URL bar a very large
news URL like this ( not too many large or Opera will do nothing )
news:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ...

Opera crashes with an access violation . Program instruction pointer EIP
is not overwritten but Opera will crash every time you try to open it , at
least in my machine . After reinstalling the problem is solved , but
having doing it some times I am not able now to open Opera even
reinstalling it .
I have tryed to supply a webpage to reproduce the bug but I was not able
to exploiting it via iframes or javascript .
Can you confim this ?

--
Regards ,

David F. Madrid