Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Internet Security Update

From: "Gregory Le Bras | Security Corporation" <gregory.lebras () security-corporation com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:38:21 +0200

Folks,

I don't think this is a real Microsoft security announcement
(they wouldn't be likely to be sent via an unknown IP address over in
the space owned by hiwaay.net), but it does appear to be the result
of a hoax, a virus, or a Trojan Horse that I have not yet heard of.

I've done various searches via Google and on the web sites of the
anti-virus vendors, and haven't turned up anything on this issue.
Have I missed something?

I also received an e-mail of the same type some days ago...

The attached file was named : update8.exe (155 468 bytes)

We can see in this file and in your file the following message : "Coded
...by Begbie, Slovakia"

I've also done various searches via Google and Symantec.com, and haven't
found anything....This is a new trojan, virus or other ?

I'll try to analyse the attached file.

Here the e-mail :