Full Disclosure mailing list archives

[Fwd: Legal Notification]

From: defender242 () hotmail com (crap producer)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:13:27 +0000

Still, is ISC2/CISSP credible anyway?

At 08:10 AM 9/3/02 -0400, Dave Aitel wrote:
*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Dave Aitel (Immunity, Inc) <dave () immunitysec com>
(Invalid) *** Signed: 9/3/02 8:10:49 AM
*** Verified: 9/3/02 10:07:49 AM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

I figured I'd forward this on to the list as a warning.
-dave

It's not true.  It's part of a larger effort by one person to bring
discredit upon (ISC)^2 (note the accepted form of abbreviation).
(ISC)^2 is aware of the general effort and is taking action they deem
appropriate.  They have established an e-mail address to accept
reports of suspicious e-mail and posted a web page on the issue to
the web site with a link on the http://www.isc2.org homepage.  See:
https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?page=173
 (note https; where you can also check the certificate w/your
browser)

There are several variants of this message, including two that
alledge the (ISC)^2 mail and DB servers were successfully hacked.
Not true.

The attack has attempted to use several IT and IT-security related
mailing lists.