Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Off Topic

From: aliver () hexeris mine nu (Aliver)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:29:36 -0600

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Charles Stevenson wrote:
You know why this list is great? Because of the spam. Because it pisses
off all the leeches who just want more 0day so that they can offer their
clients services.

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I get a warm feeling and a smile every
time I see some consultant whine about how agitated they are since someone
posted something they couldn't use to make money off of. I also find it
amusing to watch script kiddies wage their ego wars. This list has flavor,
but you have to have a sense of humor to appreciate it.

People will spam this list all day and night and hope you all leave.

I for one hope they stay. I like to watch consultant / pentester /
non-coder / whitehats get angry.

For example I sent an exploit to the list which gets local root on all
Sun Cobalt RaQ's with apache RPM installed. Still. And they've not made
any updates. Which tells me they don't care enough about security to
find a diamond in the rough.

There are some good people at Sun, but there are a lot more golf-playing
suits at Sun. Maybe it was bring-your-BMW day at the golf club when you
released that.

aliver
--
Question: Is it better to abide by the rules until
they're changed or help speed the change by breaking them?